This new interactive course for advanced learners of Dutch is based on videos by Dutch and Flemish academics on topics ranging from psychology, linguistics and economics to ecology and biology. It was developed by four international Dutch scholars – including our very own ALCS Chair! – with the generous support of the Nederlandse Taalunie and addresses a gap in the market for this specific level (CEFR B2+).
- The course is freely available on-line.
- It is built around twelve online talks by Universiteit van Nederland and Vlaanderen.
- Attention is paid to language variation, including Dutch and Belgian Dutch.
- Learners practise listening and understanding skills as well as vocabulary interactively in the online learning environment, and develop a better understanding of language in use, and language variation.
- Tutors can offer this course as a self-study course (all exercises are self-correcting), or embed it into a face-to-face or online course using a blended approach.
- In order to work more on productive language skills, ready-made speaking and writing tasks are free to download for teachers on Mijn NVT (Nederlandse Taalunie). Ideal for the flipped classroom!
“Nederlands voor gevorderde anderstaligen” was developed with the support of the Nederlandse Taalunie by Sofie Royeaerd (Masaryk Universiteit Brno), Truus De Wilde (Freie Universität Berlin), Christine Sas (University College London) and Esther Ham (Indiana University Bloomington).
Why wait? Enrol now here.