The Association for Low Countries Studies promotes the study of the Dutch language and the culture, history and society of the Low Countries. Anybody with an academic interest in the Netherlands and Flanders is welcome:
- we publish the peer-reviewed interdisciplinary research journal Dutch Crossing: Journal of Low Countries Studies
- we award scholarly research grants to our members
- we organise the biennial international ALCS conference
- we organise the ALCS Student Days to promote Dutch and Dutch Studies as an academic subject
- we award the annual ALCS essay prizes
Are you looking for an expert in Dutch Studies?
Click the button below and we’ll help you find the person you’re looking for in any area of Dutch Studies.
Our academic journal Dutch Crossing
Dutch Crossing is our award winning multi-disciplinary scholarly journal, devoted to all aspects of Low Countries studies.
We award prizes for the best essays written by undergraduate and postgraduate students.
We award research grants for which all ALCS members are welcome to apply.
We promote the scholarly study of the language, culture, history and society of the Low Countries by organising biennial conferences.
Our Student Days
We organise our popular student days every other year for the benefit of undergraduate and postgraduate students in the UK and Ireland.
Like What You See? Become a Member Today and Subscribe to Dutch Crossing!
Become a member and subscribe to Dutch Crossing by going to the ALCS Membership page. You can pay our modest fees securely online.